Friday, September 24, 2010

What Is An Ad Matchup?

I thought I would start this blog off by explaining about Ad Matchups. Ad Matchups will be the preface for most of the couponing you will do. So it’s very important that we understand WHAT an Ad Matchup IS and how we can use it in our day to day lives!
An Ad Matchup (or as some like to call them, Coupon Matchup) is simply a list of items on sale at any given store along with a list of coupons that MATCH those sales! TA DA more bang for your buck!! We’ve got a sale and we’ve got a coupon to use WITH the sale! It doesn’t get much better than that!
AND the best part is! There are people that do the Ad Matchups FOR YOU! So that all you have to do is make a shopping list directly from the Ad Matchups at the store you want, cut/clip or print your coupons and you are ready to shop and save!
Here is an example of what you might see in an Ad Matchup: (this is just one item)
SpinBrush Toothbrush 1 ct. $4.99
Use the $2/1 coupon from the 8/22 SS
Final Cost $2.99!
Now, what does the above information mean??
1st line: SpinBrush Toothbrush 1 ct. $4.99-this lists the item and its sale price
2nd line: Use the $2/1 coupon from the 8/22 SS-this tells us that there is a $2 off of 1 SpinBrush toothbrush coupon located in the 8/22 (August 22nd) Smart Source insert
**I will post more about the abbreviations for coupons later**
3rd line: Final Cost $2.99! Tells us the final OUT OF POCKET cost after using the coupon at checkout J
I will do my best to post as MANY weekly Ad Matchups to as many stores as I can. There will be some that I won’t have that are only local to certain areas, but I will do my best to provide as many as I can! If you don’t see a store that you’re looking for feel free to email me and I will see if I can find one; also if there is one I don’t have an you know of a source for the matchups, please pass along the information so we can add it to our list!
If ALL you do is use ad matchups weekly you will see a HUGE savings in your weekly and monthly budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment